Tuesday 16 November 2010

My first advert

Well we done it, first advert is completed and has been presented. 

I began by researching the new Philips light bulb, I found out lots information such as the bulb does not give out heat, I found out the cost of the bulb from different distributors and what makes the bulb energy efficient. I also looked at competitors and past advertisements from Philips and other light bulb manufacturers.

Kori and I discussed 25 possible concepts, drew them in thumbnails and then individually, we chose our favourite four to work up in more detail. I then produced scamps of layouts which this design could fit. Originally the light bulb was positioned on the right-hand side of the layout but after showing our ideas to Neil, he told us that immediately the human eye is drawn naturally to the left.

We also changed the tag line, our initial idea was "219,150 Hours later and still as bright" but we thought it was a very 'long-winded' way of getting across our idea and the number did not really mean anything, where as "200,000" is more comprehensible and less intimidating for the viewers.

I enjoyed creating the advert, I used Photoshop to create a professional finish. It was good to see the idea worked up into an advertisement.

We were given very positive feedback from our presentation, people said it looked "professional" and Kaye said she would like to see our work as a bill board.

I am pleased with the finished advert and look forward to finding out what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment